Prescription Drug Abuse Help

Recognizing Signs of Substance Abuse

  • Changes in behavior and attitude
  • Seclusive behavior (long periods spent in self imposed isolation)
  • Long unexplained absences
  • Lying and stealing
  • Deteriorating family relationships
  • Obvious intoxication, delirous, incoherent, or unconscious
  • Tracks of needle marks normally found in the upper arms of users

Treatment & Recovery Centers in St. Lucie County

New Horizons of the Treasure Coast, Inc. Detoxification Unit
(772) 468-5600
Central Florida Treatment Center Ft. Pierce
(772) 468-6800

Counseling and Recover Center Inc.
(772) 467-3057
Florida Center for Recovery Inc.
(772) 460-2777
Breakthrough Recovery Services Inc.
(772) 489-0005
Restoration House
(772) 468-7900

Data Outpatient Services
(772) 595-3322

Support Groups in St. Lucie County

Narcotics Anonymous
White City United Methodist Church
810 W. Midway Rd., Fort Pierce (772) 464-
Nar-Anon Family Group
(for family and friends of addicts)
First United Methodist Church
260 Prima Vista Blvd.
Port St. Lucie, FL 34983
(772) 878-7947 or (888) 947-8885
Newcomers Meeting -- Thursdays 6:45-7:15 p.m.
Vision of Hope Group -- Thursdays 7:15 p.m.
Alcoholics Anonymous
Please visit or call (772) 873.9299 for complete locations and schedules for AA meetings throughout St.Lucie county.
Bayshore Club
7123 S. U.S. #1, Port St. Lucie
New Beginnings @ St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church CCD Center
930 SW Tunis Ave, Port St. Lucie

Marchman Act

397.6811 Involuntary assessment and stabilization
A person determined by the court to appear to meet the criteria for involuntary admission under s. 397.675 may be admitted for a period of 5 days to a hospital or to a licensed detoxification facility or addictions receiving facility, for involuntary assessment and stabilization or to a less restrictive component of a licensed service provider for assessment only upon entry of a court order or upon receipt by the licensed service provider of a petition. Involuntary assessment and stabilization may be initiated by the submission of a petition to the court.
(1)If the person upon whose behalf the petition is being filed is an adult, a petition for involuntary assessment and stabilization
may be filed by the respondent’s spouse or guardian, any relative, a private practitioner, the director of a licensed service
provider or the director’s designee, or any three adults who have personal knowledge of the respondent’s substance abuse
(2)If the person upon whose behalf the petition is being filed is a minor, a petition for involuntary assessment and stabilization
may be filed by a parent, legal guardian, legal custodian, or licensed service provider.
For more information on the Marchman Act – Please contact St. Lucie County Clerk of Court Mental Health Division at (772) 462-6921 or