The office of the Chief Deputy is comprised of the following units:
- Facilities and Fleet Management: Maintains agency facilities, office space, and telecommunications. Conducts vehicle maintenance, oversees the agency's compound, and provides towing of agency and crime scene vehicles.
- General Counsel: Responsible for legal matters of the agency.
- Indian River Regional Crime Laboratory: While a regional board of directors sets policy, the Sheriff's Office provides administrative supervision of the Indian River Regional Crime Laboratory. Local law enforcement agencies contribute funding for the lab, which conducts scientific testing of crime scene evidence, firearms, and narcotics.
- Internal Affairs: Responsible for conducting and coordinating the objective, fair, and impartial investigation of administrative, citizen, and criminal complaints against Sheriff’s Office members.
- Public Information & Media Relations: Serves as liaison between the Sheriff's Office and news media by preparing news releases, coordinating news conferences and other special press events, writing and publishing newsletters and annual reports, managing the agency website and advising on the overall communications strategy for the agency.