Procedures for Off-Duty Detail Request
- Requests must be submitted no less than 10 days prior to the event. The Sheriff, or designee, may waive the 10-day requirement in an emergency or other extenuating circumstance at his discretion.
- Services will not be provided until the form below is completed and approved by the Patrol Operations Division Commander.
- Submission of this form does not guarantee approval.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator at 772-462-3281 prior to the event to check staffing status.
- For officer safety, a minimum number of officers per number of attendees at an event are required. The applicant may request a specific amount of deputies, however, the Sheriff’s Office will make the ultimate determination as to the appropriate number of deputies required to work a specific detail and whether supervisors are required. Jobs requiring 5 or more deputies will automatically be assigned a supervisor with applicable fees.
- Events where alcoholic beverages will be served will automatically require a minimum of 2 deputies.
- Off-Duty Detail applications from establishments that derive their primary revenue from the sale of alcohol and/or those seeking deputies to serve as "bouncers" will be denied.
- Requests for security at private parties, dances and ticketed events will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The Sheriff’s Office cannot guarantee the provision of deputies for a requested detail and reserves the right to cancel a detail in the event the appropriate number of deputies cannot be provided.
- The Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to cancel off-duty details without notice and to recall deputies for official duty when necessary for community safety. The Sheriff’s Office shall not have any responsibility nor be subject to any penalty for doing so.
- Cancellations by the application must be made three hours prior to the start of the detail. If the notice is not given, the applicant will be charged a minimum of three hours. The applicant will not be charged for cancellations due to a natural disaster that occurs prior to the start of the detail. In the event an off-duty detail begins and is cancelled due to a natural disaster or inclement weather, the deputy will be paid for time worked or a minimum of three hours, whichever is greater.
- The Sheriff, or designee, may make exceptions to any of these policies as necessary for public safety needs.