Procedures for Off-Duty Detail Request
- Complete the form.
- Requests must be submitted no less than 10 days prior to the event. The Sheriff, or designee, may waive the 10-day requirement in an emergency or other extenuating circumstance at his discretion.
- Services will not be provided until the form below is completed and approved by the Patrol Operations Division Commander.
- Submission of this form does not guarantee approval.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact Margarita Morrison at 772-462-3281 prior to the event to check staffing status.
- For officer safety, a minimum number of officers per number of attendees at an event are required. The applicant may request a specific amount of deputies, however, the Sheriff's Office will make the ultimate determination as to the appropriate number of deputies required to work a specific detail and whether supervisors are required. Jobs requiring 5 or more deputies will automatically be assigned a supervisor with applicable fees.
- Events where alcoholic beverages will be served will automatically require a minimum of 2 deputies.
- Off-Duty Detail applications from establishments that derive their primary revenue from the sale of alcohol and/or those seeking deputies to serve as "bouncers" will be denied.
- Requests for security at private parties, dances and ticketed events will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The Sheriff's Office cannot guarantee the provision of deputies for a requested detail and reserves the right to cancel a detail in the event the appropriate number of deputies cannot be provided.
- The Sheriff's Office reserves the right to cancel off-duty details without notice and to recall deputies for official duty when necessary for community safety. The Sheriff's Office shall not have any responsibility nor be subject to any penalty for doing so.
- If the applicant cancels the request for a detail, there will be no charge for said cancellation unless insufficient time is allowed to contact the deputies assigned. In the event deputies arrive for a detail, a cancellation charge of 3 hours per deputy will apply.
- The Sheriff, or designee, may make exceptions to any of these policies as necessary for public safety needs.