Friday, June 01, 2007 — St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken J. Mascara's annual Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches Golf Tournament raised more than $55,000 to benefit the state's displaced and trouble youth.
"I am grateful to the organizing committee, volunteers, 104 golfers who participated and our dedicated sponsors for making the May 12 event a huge success," Sheriff Mascara said. "The Youth Ranches are a statewide network of facilities that help put displaced Florida young people on the right path. It is a charitable, tax-exempt program operated by the Sheriffs of Florida since the 1950s."
The 21 annual golf tournaments sponsored by the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office have raised more than half a million dollars for the youth ranches.
Sheriff Mascara said, "We owe a special thanks to the golf tournament committee for the year-round work required to plan the tournament and handle the details. The volunteers for this year's tournament are: Lou Ericsson, Sandy Ericsson, Steve Patterson, Nancy Perella, Ron Perella, Laurie Privateer, Tammy Schwab, Pati Scottaline, Dorothy Shaw, Diane Trabulsy, Jim Westenhaver and Debra Wright."
The Sheriff also acknowledged the work of the tournament's volunteers. They are: Marge Leonard (honorary), Donna McAninley, Chad Mercer, Chelsea Mercer, Lyne Mercer, Elizabeth Privateer, Rachel Privateer, and Rena Schwab.
The golf tournament sponsors this year were:
- Corporate Sponsor ($10,000): Aramark Corporation
- Gold Sponsor ($5,000): Global Tel*Link
- Silver Sponsors ($1,000): Armor Correctional Health Services, Inc.; Carroll Collins Bonding; Phillips & Ziskinder, P.A.; and Prison health Services, Inc.
- Bronze Sponsorship: Golden Nugget Arcade; Moss and Associates, L.L.C; Pauly Jail Building Company, Inc.; St. Lucie Medical Center and Lawnwood Regional Medical Center and Heart Institute; and Sam's Club #8150.
- Putting Green Sponsors: Allen, Norton and Blue, P.A.; Atlantic Building Materials, Inc.; Hunt Insurance Group, L.L.C. (Hilb Rogal & Hobbs); KFC of the Treasure Coast; McDonald's Restaurants of St. Lucie County; National City Bank; Phillips & Ziskinder, P.A.; Sea Coast Air Conditioning; and Sun Dancers Radio Control Club.
- Driving Range Sponsors: Agusta Aerospace Corporation, Carroll Collins Bonding; Phillips & Ziskinder, P.A.; Tropicana Products, Inc.; and David G. Walters.
- Refreshment Station Sponsorship: A1A Printing, Inc.; Bill Shultz Chevrolet, Inc.; Riverside National Bank; and Zeno Office Solutions. * * *