St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken J. Mascara’s annual Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches Golf Tournament May 10 raised $57,000 to benefit the state’s displaced and troubled youth.
124 golfers made this annual event a great success,” Sheriff Mascara said. “The Florida Sheriffs Association created the Youth Ranches in the 1950s to give the displaced children of the State of Florida a start in life with the proper educational and emotional support. The generosity of this community helps keep the Youth Ranches going strong half a century later.”
The Sheriff said, “This event has been successful every year because of the overwhelming support of the community, the businesses that provide gifts, sponsorships and door prizes, the organizing committee, and of course, the tireless volunteers.”
The Youth Ranches are a statewide network of facilities incorporated as a charitable, tax-exempt program. Donations are charitable and tax deductible.
The 22 annual golf tournaments sponsored by the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office have raised more than $600,000 for the Youth Ranches.
Sheriff Mascara said, “We owe a special thanks to the golf tournament committee for the year-round work required to plan the tournament and handle the details. The committee members are: Lou and Sandy Ericsson, Steve Patterson, Jim Westenhaver, Nancy and Ron Perella, Laurie Privateer, Diane Trabulsy, Debra Wright, Dorothy Shaw and Tammy Schwab.
The Sheriff also acknowledged the work of the tournament’s volunteers. They are: Kerri Dolan, Elizabeth Privateer, Rena Schwab, Patti Scottaline, Mr. Zack and Lisa Robinson.
The golf tournament sponsors this year were:
- Corporate Sponsor ($10,000): ARAMARK
- Gold Sponsor ($5,000): GTL
- Silver ($2,000):Armor Correctional Health Services, Inc.,Prison Health Services, Inc.,Carroll Collins Bail Bonds, Steve Ziskinder
- Bronze ($1,000):Bobby Jones Ford, Inc., Drs. Sharkey, Sabol & Nunez, Moss and Associates, Steve Ziskinder
- Putting Green ($500): Allen, Norton & Blue, P.A., Charlie’s Dodge / Nissan of Ft. Pierce,Hunt Insurance Group, LLC, KFC of the Treasure Coast, Sea Coast Air Conditioning,Steve Ziskinder, P.A., Sun Dancers Radio Control Club, Treasure Coast Dermatology,Tropicana, Windsor Imaging
- Driving Range ($500): Golden Nugget Arcade, James F. Roy, Jr., Steve Ziskinder, P.A.
You can learn more about the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches at the organization’s web site http://www.youthranches.org.
Click on Image for Full Size
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.