St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office is an equal opportunity employer offering employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We proudly recognize veterans' preference, and we are committed to a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
- Minimum age of 19 years.
- United States citizen prior to application (F.S.S. 943.12(2)).
- High School diploma or GED certificate from accredited school.
- Candidates must not have been convicted of any felony or a misdemeanor involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence. Candidates must have good moral character as determined by a background investigation (F.S.S. 943.13).
- Must successfully pass the Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test and the Physical Agility Test offered at the Indian River State College Academy. Call 772-462-7676 to schedule the tests. Testing must be completed prior to submitting application. Current Florida and out-of-state certified officers are exempt from taking the Basic Abilities Test.
- Certified candidates: Basic recruit certificate or current residence state's certification must accompany application.
- If ever arrested, candidates must submit an official court disposition with the application. Official court dispositions can be obtained from the Clerk of the Court in the county in which the incident occurred.
- Throughout employment, candidates must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver license without any restrictions affecting job performance. Driver license must show current address. For application disqualifiers regarding driving history, please see Application Disqualifiers form included in this package.
- Candidates will submit to a comprehensive background/character investigation, polygraph, physical examination (including a drug screen), fingerprinting, and a psychological test.
- A 2 by 2 inches photograph (not a driver license photo) is to be submitted.
- Candidates should submit all other professional certificates.
- Candidates must complete and submit the Application Disqualifiers form included in this package.
- Candidates must provide certified copies of the following documents:
- Social security card. (Name must appear the same as on application.)
- Military discharge DD214 Member 4 form
- High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate. Out of state G.E.D. certificate must have transcript or grades attached.
- Birth certificate of current passport
- A Criminal Justice Standard and Training commission Certificate of Compliance (Florida certified officers only). If certified after January 1993, include state test scores
- Documentation of any and all name changes (marriage, divorce, adoption, etc.)
- Florida driver license
Photocopy your original documents and show the original document and your copies to a witness (18 years of age or older). The witness must certify each copy by writing: "I certify that this is a true and correct copy of the original document." After writing that statement on the copies, the witness must sign and date each.